Tips for candles, LED lights, electric, batteries, bulbs and beyond.
LEDs towards the “blue” end of the spectrum (blue, white, warm white, deep green, and ultraviolet) can run nonstop for up to 1-2 weeks on a single battery. LEDs at the “red” end of the spectrum (those with red, yellow, orange, or yellow-green colors) will draw much more current and eat through a battery much faster. In practice red, orange, and yellow LEDs can last as little as a day. If you add a resistor you can perhaps double the life of the "warm" color LEDs.
By DeadKing
I just wonder myself wich Led is better for these small pumpkins. Warm white flickering or yellow flickering, 10 mm. Wich is brighter and wich type would be better for this? If anyone knows, it would be helpfull because I want order some and dont know wich type to order...
DeadKing wrote:I just wonder myself wich Led is better for these small pumpkins. Warm white flickering or yellow flickering, 10 mm
Bigger sizes should be brighter. I'm not sure, off the top of my head, which is brighter (warm white or yellow). Personally, I just prefer the yellow because it looks more like candle flame. But it's worth mentioning that yellow will chew through batteries faster than white. Pros and cons, I suppose.
I'd like to find some good LED lights I always use candles but the dim and go out. I only seem to be able to find the flickering ones though and I rrealy just want regular ones. the good news is a Michaels just opend in the next town and I hope the have some good ones there. :D
By shaft28
DeadKing wrote:I just wonder myself wich Led is better for these small pumpkins. Warm white flickering or yellow flickering, 10 mm. Wich is brighter and wich type would be better for this? If anyone knows, it would be helpfull because I want order some and dont know wich type to order...

LED brightness can be measured in multiple was (flux, luminous power, lum. intensity or lum. effeciency) but looks like this site uses "intensity" ex- •Intensity: 900 mCd typ. at 20 mA as their benchmark. So bigger does not mean better. From what I saw the 10mm looked good; the 3mm might be brighter but a just small amount. Might be due to the thickness/size of the plastic "bulb".
By DeadKing
shaft28 wrote:
LED brightness can be measured in multiple was (flux, luminous power, lum. intensity or lum. effeciency) but looks like this site uses "intensity" ex- •Intensity: 900 mCd typ. at 20 mA as their benchmark. So bigger does not mean better. From what I saw the 10mm looked good; the 3mm might be brighter but a just small amount. Might be due to the thickness/size of the plastic "bulb".
Yes, I just read some of this on net. I noticed that yellow have 700 mcd and warm white 3000 mcd, viewing angle is 50 percent on both, so it turns out that the warm white is brighter, so it will give more light. hm...
By NikkiRae
How well do the candle flicker LEDs from that website work? We're looking for a new way to light our luminaries and don't know if we should go with those battery operated tea lights or if we want to try LEDs. We do want to stick with something that mimicks the glow of a candle though. I'm just wondering how well they've worked for others.