Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By purple1worm
Indeed it is.
R.I.P. Christopher Lee.
I would love to see a pattern of any of his many iconic roles.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Our dark corner of the internet has been mourning today, after the loss of Sir Christopher Lee. He sure gave us many great performances, with so many in the realms of horror and fantasy. Going all the way back to Hammer's Frankenstein and Dracula. I think some sort of Lee pattern was inevitable, and pretty much a sure thing now. Cheers, Sir. Thanks for the frights. :)= R.I.P.
By pagemaster1993
I couldn't agree more. I think a Christopher Lee pattern is in order. Rest in peace Count Dracula(Dooku).
Definitely a fine addition to the grave icons, but as himself, or a particular character?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The reason I made the Grave Icons category was so there would be a place for horror icons that aren't movie/TV characters. Generally this would include people like authors or directors who are mostly known as themselves. Think Alfred Hitchcock or Stephen King, for example.

They don't have to be deceased, just a recognizable person associated with horror in some form. Grave meaning grim or solemn. But maybe a phrase like "Fright Icons" would be more fitting, and less associated with death? Hmm.

Of course, this category can include actors out of character, such as the Vincent Price we have in that section currently. So for Christopher Lee, I could do a portrait of just the man himself. Or one of his movie characters, which would go under Movie Monsters. Even before his passing, I'd say that his Dracula role has gotten the most requests.
By chuckwagon
It's so hard to think of a character worthy to be represented in pattern form without wanting ALL of his characters available. He has such a distinctive appearance as it is that I think just a Christopher Lee as himself pattern would be very fitting as a way to encompass the life of a man who brought us such many memorable performances in the sci-fi and horror movie culture.
By chuckwagon
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote: So for Christopher Lee, I could do a portrait of just the man himself. Or one of his movie characters, which would go under Movie Monsters. Even before his passing, I'd say that his Dracula role has gotten the most requests.
It's like you're inside my head, reading my thoughts! I had exactly that typed out, but edited it to say what I originally posted... Dracula is arguably his most iconic work. I think possibly more popular within British culture, as American film has the Lugosi Dracula from Universal that reigns supreme when most of us think about Dracula in a "movie monster" sense. Personally, for me, as a LOTR fan he will always be Saruman the White. But all that being said, I very much agree with a Christopher Lee pattern as himself.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
There can only be one first Christopher Lee pattern. But that doesn't mean it has to be the only one. Johnny Depp and Boris Karloff prove that you can have multiple appearances on this site.
By Ajax
Dracula or frankenstien should be the first its hammer time.
By pagemaster1993
Ajax wrote:Dracula or frankenstien should be the first its hammer time.
I'd say Dracula for Christopher Lee. I believe he looks more iconic that way.

I think this would be a great reference.
By Ajax
I would go with 3 patterns in one day :thumbsup:

and of course the Dracula already posted.
By SuperSonic
I'm so late to this post! :cry: R.I.P. Sir Christopher Lee. So many memorable roles.