Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
SuperSonic wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:10 pm
Gonna also have to get used to these new category names :fangs: :jack_o_lantern:
:razz: Yeah, a little explanation, in case you were curious.

"Unique Creations" has become "Creative Classics." The original title was familiar to long-time members, but it didn't exactly roll off the tongue. And while it was meant to imply that these were "original" characters, it didn't convey that they were mostly traditional Halloween themes. "Creative Classics" has the alliteration of double-C, and it's meant to imply - these are my original spins on familiar images of Halloween.

The "Movie Monsters" page got too long, so it's been split into 3 categories, based on eras. "Vintage Villains" are from the dawn of cinema, through 60s. "Retro Rogues" are from the 70s and 80s. And "Modern Monsters" are from the 90s to today.

"LAIKA Legends" is a new category, full of stop-motion characters from the films of LAIKA Studios. All done in partnership with them for the LAIKA pumpkin carving contest.

"Hallowed Henson" is another new category, featuring the puppets of Jim Henson. Motivated by a collaboration with Jim Henson Company, to celebrate Jim's 85th birthday. This section houses, the Muppets, Sesame Street, Labyrinth, and more to come.

"Kreatures for Kids" is now "Animated Allies." This choice was made because so many of the characters on this page aren't strictly for kids. Sure, there are pre-schooler favorites, but we also have characters from Pixar and retro 80s cartoons. For all ages, what they have in common is that they're all animated (especially now that the puppets have been moved to the Henson category).

"Grinning Jacks" is now "Jolly Jacks." Same theme, same number of syllables. Just a bit more of that alliteration that most categories have. The double-J feels more fun to say. :grin:
Bravo020, amandap80, SuperSonic and 1 others liked this
By SuperSonic
I did wonder why the changes were made. I'm glad my off hand remark gave me an answer without even asking the question!

I do enjoy the idea of splitting the movie monsters. That one seemed most logical. However it did give me a hard time at first I will admit!

I do like the overhaul overall though! :jack_o_lantern: