Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By nosferatu
These days he would be held against his will without trial subject to waterboarding, but growing up he was your number one animal.....err, loser./ terrorist.

He was pretty atrocious at his one given task. All that ACME dynamite and not once did he blow up Road Runner. Even as I was willing him on to murder or at least maim that thing, I always knew he was doomed to failure.

By Zombie Pumpkins!
As I watched all the Looney Tunes cartoons growing up, Wile E. Coyote emerged as my favorite.

He showed more motivation and engineering skill than the rest of the character roster. Sure, his devices always failed, but at least he tried. Can you recall Porky Pig even attempting to build a catapult? Wile E. took his time, and often drew complex blue prints.

I would just argue that he had terrible luck, or more likely, ACME produced some rather shoddy merchandise.

You gotta admire Wile E's persistence. A poster boy for the "If you fall of the horse..." saying.

Although, you'd think he would eventually learn to stop jumping on spring-loaded traps that seem to be stuck. Or at least, install a large cushion at the bottom of that canyon.
By nosferatu
He was certainly creative in his thinking, if ever so slightly inept. The old adage "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again" certainly applied. However, I think those monkeys were more likely to write the complete works of Shakespeare before he ever achieved his goal.

He was nearly as infuriatingly incompetent as his city dwelling cousin, Sylvester The Cat. His nemesis was Tweety Pie and the stupid Puddy Tat couldn't finish off that piece of naval fluff. Hate is a pretty strong word in any context but boy did I loathe that bird.

"Kill it! Kill it." I would scream at the television. I was always disappointed when the granny would pluck Tweety Pie from Sylvester's mouth and start to throttle him, although by then my patience with Sylvester had worn thin and I wanted to do it myself. Maybe it was the colour yellow that did it. It would certainly explain my lack of amistad towards Big Bird

By mudd
the coyote was always a cool character. i am a marvin the martian fan myself, i always wanted him to shoot bugs bunny between the eyes or at least waterboard that damn bunny. :lol: man i hate bugs bunny.
By Tkaraoke
Any of those wacky characters would make a great addition. I wouldn't even mind seeing a Daffy Duck pattern as well!
8)
By nosferatu
I must admit I did have a strange fascination for Daffy. Particularly when his bill would fall off and clank on the floor. "You're despicable."

Over here we had Count Duckula, a vampire duck, who bore more than a passing resemblance to his transatlantic cousin but lacked his charm.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Was Count Duckula from your side of the ocean? I guess they ported him over here, because I remember seeing that fowl vampire on TV over here.
By nosferatu
Yeah, you could tell it was British. It had a Heath Robinson feel to it. The rule "No expense spent" applied.

I always prefered hi stable mate Dangermouse. A James Bond style rodent forever saving the world.
These are all far too tame for today and I myself would like to see a feature film of Itchy & Scratchy - although the early Tom & Jerries would have given them a run for their money, parody or not.
By Tkaraoke
Someone needs to ride Dan to come up with a Danger Mouse/Pendold/Baron Greenback/Count Duckula pattern(s). I haven't seen him around lately but I'm sure those would be a great addition to his site.
By purple1worm
I loved watching Cound Dukula!!! :wink:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Can't argue with that, pagemaster. Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner go hand in hand. Well... I'm sure the Road Runner could do without being chased all the time. Then again, he seems to get a thrill out of taunting that coyote.