Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By matspud
Raven wrote:Oooh! They better have that pumpkin head scarecrow water globe here!
I must admit I was quite tempted by it - even though it doesn't play a tune.
By matspud
zombombie wrote:That black and red lantern in your first pic is very cool matspud!!
Its not that special in real life - more dark brown and orange but if you want I can swing by and get it for you.( if they still have it)

Mind you, it looks like TKMaxx has some great stuff this year - my sister sent me some pics of stuff in Exeter. Pity we can't be guaranteed several of the same item in every store. Guess I will be doing my tour of nearby TKMaxx again LOL
By matspud
A couple of things my sister picked up for me - Pity I probably won't get them in time for halloween.

By Raven
I could not find the pumpkin head scarecrow water globe. We have TJMaxx here, I'm not sure why they can't name it the same, and I figured there was a good chance they would have the same stuff. I did however find a water globe that I am in love with and will keep on display all year long. I took the worst picture ever of it so you just have to trust me that it is really awesome. It reminds me of the globe Top Dollar had in The Crow. The base is ringed with skulls and all the eyes light up and change color.

It was the only globe like this there and I am so glad I got it. I still get depressed when I think of a Headless Horseman globe they had a few years ago. I never could find it at my local Home Goods or TJMaxx despite going there a few times a week looking for it. I search Ebay for this one now.

By monstermash
Might take a look at one of my locals tonight. Ill take pics of course. Did anything take your fancy Matspud? By the looks of your pics I'd have been tempted by one or two things. I always find that there is something lacking in just about everything they have to offer. Perhaps im just too picky.
By matspud
Dundee had some new stuff today - a pretty cool reaper bust and a few other things but, for some reason, the pics aren't on my phone :-/

However I did visit Perth and they had some other pieces.

I might have to go back for the Knobbly skull - I thought I already had him but mine are different.

I liked this glass plate but resisted temptation

Finally, some of my purchases to date.

The glowing skull on the LHS is the same as the dark one next to it, just switched on.
The mirror candlestick was put out while we were there- wasn't on display long :-)

Does that answer your question MM ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By monstermash
It certainly does. :wink: :lol:

Falkirk was so so:

I bought these things to start with:

Hopefully i'll get to Stirling soon to see what they have. Maybe we'll get a few different things as the weeks go by.
By matspud
OOOO love the skull cut-out lantern - great find :D

Like the headless horseman globe, and the snake goblet looks interesting.

Its a great start to the season and bodes well for the next few weeks :D :D :D :D
By monstermash
matspud wrote:OOOO love the skull cut-out lantern - great find :D
I knew I should've bought both! Only eight quid :roll: . I liked the Raku style it had going on.
By monstermash
Stirling was pretty poor although one member of staff was hopeful that they'd be getting more stock in the coming weeks.

I picked up this skull (would've preferred it without the crow but i fancied a corny ornament so just went for it). The lantern, im assuming, should have had a glass middle but must have been broken as it was on the clearance isle. It'll be perfect for the second monster mud statue that im currently working on.
By matspud
I have said this before but it really annoys me. Why does all the stuff here look like it is just damaged rejects???? There is some really cool stuff if you don't ming that most of it isn't perfect or is missing bits. The halloween stuff is especially bad for this. :x :x :x :x
Edinburgh - Craigleith - no much
Fort Kinnaird - best yet :-) I got the same skull/crow as you MM. They had the skull lanterns in black as well as white and some different globes , pumpkins etc.

I loved the fave on the pottery pumpkin with the heart eyes but I didn't like his shape :-(

These were put out while I was hunting :-)

Not technically a Halloween decoration but I thought it was quite creepy. Yes it is just a set of doors - nothing behind it.If I had decent craft skills I might have considered it though.
By j9mcl
monstermash wrote:It certainly does. :wink: :lol:

Falkirk was so so:

I bought these things to start with:

Hopefully i'll get to Stirling soon to see what they have. Maybe we'll get a few different things as the weeks go by.

Falkirk is my local store too. >waves from a fellow falkirk bairn<

Did you notice if they had the queen of halloween signs in there? Im hoping to pop in after work tomorrow.

On a side note Costco had a couple of Halloween items the other week. A poseable skeleton (they had this last year), a dog skeleton, goblets and a day of the dead skeleton bust.