Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By belli
CanadianCarver wrote:belli,
How many pumpkins are you carving this year? You have a total of 15 "to carve" and "in the running patterns". Just curious what the list would have to be narrowed down to.
I usually carve 10-15 patterns every year, by myself. Just depends on how much the pumpkins cost and how many I can get through in 1 day. I carve for a whole day. Last year I had 1 pumpkin left over so I carved it in Nov. with a turkey pattern for Thanksgiving.

If I had some help, I might get more done. My boyfriend has never carved before but he loves the pumpkins I carve. I keep trying to convince him to carve so we'll see if he bites this year. Here's a kinda funny story: I think he was tramatized the one year I carved Shrek. I had given Shrek a bath, to plump him up before displaying him outside and I asked him to dry the inside of the pumpkin. Well, he wasn't very gentle and Shrek's face broke off :shock: I didn't know what to say when it happened, I was sort of in shock but I was glad I had taken a picture of the results. Determined to display him, I had to do a little surgery on him (Shrek not my boyfriend) and he was ready to be displayed for the evening and was one of the crowd favorites.

Here's Shrek before:
After surgery with green glow sticks:
He was held together with toothpicks and paperclips :D
By Batgirl
This year I'm hosting a zombie dinner with a "seven corpse meal", so I'm focusing on the zombie-themed pumpkins:

ZP-
Fleshfeast
Worm Food
Fulci Zombi
Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead (both)
Creature Reacher
Ghoul
Living Dead Girl
Stubbs
Frankenstein

Jammin'-
Dead Man's Party

And a few others I've managed to find on the internet.
By belli
Batgirl wrote:This year I'm hosting a zombie dinner with a "seven corpse meal", so I'm focusing on the zombie-themed pumpkins...
Sounds like fun :D Are you having your party close to Halloween so that your carvings will last or are you carving some on fake pumpkins?
By Batgirl
It's TONS o' fun! We've already had a vampire dinner and a frankenstein dinner so far this month. :D

The Donner, :o er... I mean dinner party is on the 29th. So I'm going to have all of the zombie ones ready by then and I'll carve some additional ones to put in the trees the next day. This is my first year to grab a bunch of the foam pumpkins, so I'll have to figure out which ones will be immortalized in foam.