Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By CorpseBride
adam wrote:
RavensDestiny wrote:My local Michaels was putting out their creepy Halloween decor today! I did not see any faux pumpkins yet but they had a lot of other stuff. Hobby Lobby had all the fall things out, but did not see Halloween yet. It is beginning!
I have been checking Michaels about once a week. Been waiting as patient as possible...

Ive heard some negative things about Michaels this year. Apparantly they are cutting spookytown in half. They are also not setting up any on display, rumor is that they will be in boxes on the center islands. Another rumor is that Halloween is taking a backseat at Michaels because they have decided to push Christmas even earlier this year.
Okay, now I feel nauseated. Christmas seriously needs to back off and give Halloween its personal space.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
And what's with the recent burst of activity around this forum? Could this be because it's.... AUGUST!? Just a small skip through September, and Octoberween will be here. The end of July/start of August seem to mark the official beginning of "Halloween season" for the truly devoted, wouldn't you agree?
By adam
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:And what's with the recent burst of activity around this forum? Could this be because it's.... AUGUST!? Just a small skip through September, and Octoberween will be here. The end of July/start of August seem to mark the official beginning of "Halloween season" for the truly devoted, wouldn't you agree?
Yes, I do see your point. Perhaps Christmas folks like their Christmas early too. I like Christmas, just LOVE Halloween! :) Last year I got a little over zealous and watched all the Halloween movies/special in September and by October I felt like I had done everything too fast. I think I am going to draw it out more slowly, enjoy it more this year!

However it seems the person who told me the information above was somewhat mistaken.

So Spookytown IS being put out. Just not taking up half a isle like it used to, with them behind plexiglass, all turned on. Just a few pieces will be out on a center island. Our michaels has half the Halloween stuff out right now. One isle, and about 4 merchandise islands. There is a whole isle that still needs to be finished. I was very happy to see what WAS out. The spookytown stuff was great, the fall stuff there is always very classy.

There was a great talking bust, just the male, I didn't see the female talking bust. Some light up stuff like pumpkins, bats etc. Didn't see much else yet but they are just getting started.

Hallmark has some Halloween stuff out. There is this great glass hurricane that has spooky silhouettes on it. Its orange and you put a candle inside, its pretty cool looking I must say.

Hobby Lobby has started putting out all kinds of cool stuff I have been told. We don't have one here in California.

Joanne Fabrics I heard started some fall stuff as well.

Bath and bodyworks has a few candle holders, according to some other reports on another forum. I have been keeping my eyes open for things. Big lots has yet to put much out, just some fall stuff so far!

I have been looking at pretty fall photos, anticipating the pretty fall leaves and the WONDERFUL cool weather, I just love it so much! Two more months and it will be cold again here. Right now we have been in 90 degree weather for two weeks.

Almost there!!! If you have merch reports....let me know!
By pagemaster1993
Well I plan for Halloween all year round, from the end of October to the next.
By CorpseBride
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:And what's with the recent burst of activity around this forum? Could this be because it's.... AUGUST!? Just a small skip through September, and Octoberween will be here. The end of July/start of August seem to mark the official beginning of "Halloween season" for the truly devoted, wouldn't you agree?
I agree 100 percent. Halloween is on my mind all year round and I am constantly buying goodies for the spooky season. But around the middle of July I get a twinge and it generally takes over my life :twisted:. I have yet to see any new spooky treasures in stores around me, but I imagine I will see some soon.
By pagemaster1993
:) I can not resist doing this. 90 day until Halloween Halloween Halloween 90 days until Halloween with . . . . . . . . . . . . . Zombie Pumpkins! :lol:
By adam
pagemaster1993 wrote::) I can not resist doing this. 90 day until Halloween Halloween Halloween 90 days until Halloween with . . . . . . . . . . . . . Zombie Pumpkins! :lol:

YAY!!!!!! 3 month mark!
By pagemaster1993
Almost forgot to mention this, A.C. Moore has there Halloween stuff in. They have actual Funkins(At least that is what the tag said on these foam pumpkins). Did not buy anything because I personally think Michaels is better for Halloween Shopping.