Seek hosting tips and afterward rehash your monster bash.
By nosferatu
Plenty of chemists jars with spooky labels instead of actual spirit bottles. Gin could become Vir-gin Tears etc You can always decant what's left (if any) back into the original bottles after the party has finished.

Possibly use dry ice donated by the chemistry department. Serve drinks in triangular shaped beakers, couple of bunsen burners on the go etc

The Dr Pumpkinstein pattern would fit in well of course.
By SaneInsideInsanity
You could do house of curiosities type decoration heads in jars hands two headed goats... an experiment gone wrong mind you....your table could be set like the one Frankenstein works on his monster on....
By nosferatu

Mad science bartending set
By CombichristGirl
u could make a spell book out of cheese crackers and pepperoni lol
By Dadja
Thx everyone

I'm planning on doing the bottle/jar thing for some of the spirits (I have about 50 different kinds of liquors so not doable for all of them)

I like the table idea as well, put an iron top on it, with cables sticking out and stuff...

I also though of getting a couple of test tubes with some liquor in, keep them in my pocket as potions and once in a while put some drips in peoples glasses.

I make my own wines as well, so I have some big fermentation jugs I could use, as well as some water locks, so I thought I'd put some apple juice in a bottle, add some yeast, and that should make the water lock bubble up for about a night...

Keep 'em coming folks, there's no time to waste :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Great invite, Dadja. Classy yet spooky. I like all the ideas suggested so far. I'll let you know if I think of any more. I'm sure you'll share photos of your party decor after the event, and I'm looking forward to that. You always do a great job.
By nosferatu
Just invite the girl, I doubt I'd notice any decorations if she was serving the drinks.

Using mesmark's suggestion, the girl could be made more scientific looking by wearing spectacles
By nosferatu
How about a sort of Re-Animator theme?

"Dadja had a good head on his shoulders.....and another one on his desk but boy could he mix a cocktail"

Last edited by nosferatu on Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By nosferatu
If you are having that woman serving the drinks, I think you need a 3 metre bar sculpted from ice to cool things down a little

By nosferatu
Incidentally, 2.50 Euros a cocktail.?

Will there actually be any alcohol in those cocktails at that price or will you just shake the bottle in the general vicinity of the glass? Particularly as food is free.
By Dadja
Alcohol percentage will be def. higher than at any 'commercial' cocktail bar, I can assure you...

It's just for friends you know, I just ask some money, so I'm not completely bankrupted at the end of the night, but I don't want to make any money off it...
By SaneInsideInsanity
I always put a jar out at parties if people can spare normally they are pretty good about it. I have a skull bank for halloween lol