Seek hosting tips and afterward rehash your monster bash.
It's September! Best start planning! My invitation is finished a bit earlier than other years. This year's theme:

I'm still looking for ideas as decorations go. So your input is most welcome. I will be dressed as a priest (of course), I have some crosses lying around and of course I'll be wearing the wonderful pendant CorpseBride made me...

But as said: all ideas are welcome!
Last edited by Dadja on Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Great theme, great invitation and great pendant too! As for decorations... well, I can think of one ZP pumpkin pattern that might be a good addition to your theme. :lipssealed:
By monstermash
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Great theme, great invitation and great pendant too! As for decorations... well, I can think of one ZP pumpkin pattern that might be a good addition to your theme. :lipssealed:
Don't even tease about such things ryan, I almost fainted when I read that!

Dadja, thats a brilliant theme for a party, I'm imagining a lot of pea soup!
I will have a think about decoration ideas and get back to you. Also watch the films back for some prop ideas. Some of the Omen films might have some good demonic/exorcist ideas too.
By zombombie
Looks great Dadja!

I often think I'd like to do a theme for my Halloween parties but then I worry that people would feel limited. Have you found that to be the case or do most people really take to it?

Does anyone else do themed parties?
By Dadja
I never 'enforce' the theme for my Halloween party, guest don't even have to dress up. In August I always have a big themed party where I do ask people to dress according to the theme. And I don't want to make them get a costume twice in a little over two months...

In August most people follow the theme pretty good. People who come for the first time don't really know what to expect, but from the second year everyone goes full out. Then again, it may also have something to do with the fact I live in the city where there's one of the biggest carnivals in Europe, so people are used to dressing up here.

And even for Halloween when I don't ask for costumes, some people still do...
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Any religious imagery should work well with this theme. I'm reminded of the statue of Virgin Mary that was defaced in The Exorcist. You probably don't want to go that extremely sacrilegious, but slightly altered images are effective. The zombie Jesus pendant is a perfect example.

A general exorcism theme will give you more freedom, but if you want to draw some ideas specifically from the classic movie, The Exorcist, a few things come to mind.

Of course there's this classic image of the priest arriving at the house, bathed in light. You invitation seems designed to mimic this, so nice job there.

To take this silhouette idea further, you could hide a light behind something (your bar, a box, a pumpkin) and aim the light toward a wall, with a cut-out shape in front of it. Cast a cross-shaped shadow on the wall?

Of course, this can also be done by cutting out the shape on the back of the pumpkin, and placing it near a wall so the light will form the shape behind the pumpkin.

Or if you wanted to go even deeper with the mythology of the movie, there's always the statue of Pazuzu, one of the demons that possessed Regan in the film. Even appeared in her room, again silhouetted.

Speaking of Regan's demons...

I ran across this wall sculpture in my web travels. I can't find anywhere to purchase it, but wouldn't it also be perfect for your party theme? I'd love to have this on my wall.

And speaking of silhouettes... as Queen might say....

"I see a little silhouetto of a man"

By staticfurball

Hah, that looks awesome!! :lol:
By blueikaos

haha, awesome!
By monstermash
Hows the search for props and decorations coming Dadja?? Are you making plenty of pea soup? :lol:
By Dadja
As a quick update as to how preparations are going: nothing is happening!

I have been so busy with work the past few weeks, that I haven't found the time to do anything, the bar looks like a war zone, as does my apartment at the moment.

For the past few weeks I've taken over part of my co-worker's job, along with mine, resulting in 10-hour days (not including driving to and from work), I've been reading the forum on the train on my phone, but haven't been posting much because it's not that easy on the bloody phone. Luckily, my colleague returns tomorrow, but on Wednesday I'm off on a three day trip with my students. The week after that some of my other students have an exam (which I still have to make and afterwards correct), so looks like all Halloween preparations will have to take place in the weekend before Halloween...