Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
I am super EXCITED this year!!!!

In case you don't know who that is: Image

I have purchased a coat to "make into" Riff's coat for my husband. Photo to come tonight plus a list of what I need to make.
Last edited by Lala on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monstermash wrote:Classic couple, im sure you'll be able to pull it off. Can't wait to see the finished article. I'd start on the back combing now if I were you. :lol:
hahahahaaa - I can make my hair pretty huge when I have a mind to it. I always say it doesn't feel like Halloween until I rat my hair...haha
For Riff - need to make/buy

Black pants with "lacings" - we have the pants, lacing will be easy.
Need Suspenders
Need Vest - bidding on one on eBay
Have the shoes (or what will work for them) and spats

I have a coat, I need to alter it.

and wig/hair of course.

For Magenta

Black maid dress - I am really hoping I find something I can alter to look like her dress because I DO NOT feet like sewing it. haha
Apron - Easy to do, already have the fabric
Boots - I bought some boots but they aren't quite "Magenta" boots, but I think they'll work.
Stockings - already own

Hair - my hair is getting frizzed out for this. I might do a temp dye.
It's brilliant that you go to so much effort for your costume. Whith so many cheap nasty costume available to buy in stores, we that make our own seem to be a dying breed. Homemade is always best though. Don't forget Magentas little maids cap. Its been a while scince ive watched RHPS but im sure I can see one perched on her head in your pic. Should be easy enough to make.

I don't know about you but I always feel a little bit bad if I bought something of quality for a costume that im going to have to destroy a little. Like I almost couldn't bring myself to tatter the sleeves and lappels of such a nice tails coat that Riff wears.
monstermash wrote:
I don't know about you but I always feel a little bit bad if I bought something of quality for a costume that im going to have to destroy a little. Like I almost couldn't bring myself to tatter the sleeves and lappels of such a nice tails coat that Riff wears.
Thank you... and I bought the Riff coat at the thift store and it was 50% off..haha. I can't wait to tatter it and stuff. hahahahahaa that's the fun part!

I forgot the maid cap, I can make one of those!
Just posting this here to save it - this website for RHPS is AWESOME! http://www.rockyhorrorcostumelist.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also found a sketch on how to alter coat into Riff's coat
http://www.angelfire.com/film/mom_elaine/tailcoat.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Costumes from RHPS are  great, Riff and Magenta make a fantastic pair.  Lala, I like the way you play your costumes.  Making a check list of all the parts you need, and noting which elements will need to be altered after they are acquired.  That's pretty much how I work when I make my costumes.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Costumes from RHPS are  great, Riff and Magenta make a fantastic pair.  Lala, I like the way you play your costumes.  Making a check list of all the parts you need, and noting which elements will need to be altered after they are acquired.  That's pretty much how I work when I make my costumes.
Thank you! I've always done it this way, great minds think alike?  :frank:
:frank:  :frank:  :frank:  :frank:  :frank:  :frank:  :frank:  :frank:  (lol)
I've gotten a Vest for Riff costume, but cannot find a (thrift store) dress for my Magenta Costume at all.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to take a men's black button down and make the into the "top" of the dress, then sew a skirt to match. uggg.