Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
By Minionette
So, I have a party to go to October 18th.... I've been so super focused on getting carving this season, that I'm drawing a complete blank on a costume..... Looking to pick some brains for some not so typical, twisted suggestions from you all!

How about what was your favorite costume and why?
By Zee
Such efficiency! Much respect! Shame I'm not equally as motivated.

Have you checked pinterest? I'm certain you'll find some creative ideas there.

One Halloween when I was little my mom made Smurf costumes for my brother and I. I thought it was pretty amazing.... not sure this is useful/helpful to you though. :lol:
By Minionette
Thanks Zee! I will check pintrest. I never think of that site....lol! I have several "irons in the fire" right now, so to speak....
By SuperSonic
As I always intend to entertain the ToTers, I tend to do a lighter theme. Last year being the main exception really. I always run through the following things when I pick out a costume:

1. Can I make it? Or do I have to buy it?

2. Is it kid friendly? If it isn't I tend to re think unless I have my heart set on it (like last year)

3. Do I have the cash to get the parts/costume I want to make/do?

4. Any effects for the costume? If it involves special effects I tend to stay away from it. The web shooters I tried to make for my Spider-Man costume 2 years ago fell through the floor due to cost, and the unavailability to hide them so they didn't look too obvious. Last year I could not get my arm gears to fit on my Mad Hatter costume because I could not secure them as an under mount without making it look incredibly stupid.

5. In some ways this could be the most important part. Will people recognize it? My main concern with ANY costume I choose. Since the kids become priority, I like to do something that they will recognize, which will attract them to the house. Last year only ONE person actually recognized my Mad Hatter. I had to tell everyone else. Where as Spider-Man, Sonic, The Joker, Buzz Lightyear, The Ghostbuster costume, they were all recognizable to an extent (the Ghostbuster I DID have to tell a few people).

I like it when the kids go. OHH LOOK IT'S __________!! *insert recognizable figure here* It not only attracts the parents to the display I have (which is a plus), but it also adds to their experience for the night.

Hope this helps!
I'll just drop the same thing I said in Ghostface's thread here!
By Minionette
Ok, I have decided to go as Malificent!! I want to be spooky- not cutsie, not terrifying, this is a 6 yr olds party. The birthday girl will be judging the adults and giving a best costume prize!

Picked up some things tonight..... So Excited!!
By Minionette
Sadly, all photographic images have been lost to the ages. Had my laptop go down and I lost a lot of stuff. Sorry I hadn't posted sooner, but life happens sometimes!
By Minionette
Lol! I did just that! I now have 2 different 1 tb hard drives..... haha! :lol:
By SuperSonic
Hopefully you now have enough...."memory" *snicker* :thumbsup:

Sorry... that one had to be said 8)

In any case, I hope you don't have to go through that again. It's happened to me a time or two. Glad to see it all worked out in the end for you though!