Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
...and still might be, but probably not. As said in my carving photo's thread I have to have a medical procedure done just a few days before Halloween. I had it done last month and it's very painful for about a week after....so more than likely I will not really feel up to dressing up and doing our usual ToT with my niece and nephews. My husband is dressing up still and has a pretty creepy idea so I will update after Halloween with his and my niece and nephews costumes if I get a picture of them. But since I like to play with makeup I'll share what I was going to be.

I had a few maybe's this year while thinking of what I wanted to do. Halloween day/night is usually pretty busy for me so I need to come up with something easy and not too time consuming so I do trial runs of things. My first though was being the old "lady" from Insidious. I wasn't satisfied that I looked enough like her and it was a bit too time consuming with the makeup.

So then I thought Bride of Frankenstein! I teased the heck out of my actual hair (pre pinkness) and used colored hair spray. Holy mess that made and I never thought I would get all the knots out of my hair!! I was still kinda satisfied and thought this was what I was going with, but then my bestest friend ever said she didn't like it and it kinda of ruined it for me. :?

That led to...well, I don't know what to call it. Problem with this was I hate wearing a wig all night and just wasn't sure what else to wear with it as far as clothes went. Plus I had to throw away my white out contacts. They are years old and only suppose to be good for 90 days or something like that. They were really bothering me so I trashed them. Not that I don't have a ton of other contacts, but liked all white.

This than led to today's look, and what I think I will settle on on the small chance I'm going to feel like going out. Since I had a black veil and bustle, long black gloves and a bunch of black feathered things I decided on being a bloody bride. Quick, easy and I decided since I'm going to have pink hair forever it seems I didn't think I needed to wear a wig, although black hair would probably have been cool.

So that's it for me, I think. I'll update on or right after Halloween night with some more costume goodness.
Last edited by Raven on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ghostface
Wow! Your makeup for the Insidious "lady" doesn't even look like you! I personally love your Bride of Frankenstein, and your bloody bride is excellent. :thumbsup:
Most people would love to look even a tiny bit like any of those Raven, they are all great. I'm envious of your talent. No dressing up for me this year but i'm going to be making up my brother as an, oh so popular, zombie clown. I've been lumbered with making his costume as well. I really hope you do feel up to it come the big day. I look forward to any more creations you have up your sleeve. :)
By Raven
Y'all are too kind! I don't think it has anything to do with talent, just practice and a willingness to try, and the time to do it. Youtube is great for step by step tutorials on just about anything you can think of. For all that I do post pictures of, there is just as many tries that don't get posted. Plus, my husband never knows just who he is going to come home to. :P
By nosferatu
Your make up artistry is always stunning. I think one year you should have a Monster High makeover with costume to match the doll of your choice.

My personal favourite is the one with scars. It's scary, literally
By SuperSonic
Loving all these renditions! The white contacts made that particular mock up STUNNING!! I love how you are so original with your ideas.

The final draft looks great as well. Love the Veil idea too. :thumbsup:
By Raven
For the first Halloween in recent memory I stayed home on the big night. My husband went ToTing with our niece and nephews and sent me a text shortly after saying due to the big storm that was raging outside the mad candy dash was cut short and everyone retreated inside. I didn't feel so bad I missed it after that. This morning we had some snow..16 inches on the top of the mountain! I love snow, but it's a bit early this year!

Luckily, there was some costume goodness before the storm hit.

My nephew Jacob and his take on the 11th Dr.

My niece wanted to go as Napoleon Dynamite and somehow convinced her little brother to be Kip.

All together with my niece as Napoleon and my husband in the background.

And speaking of my husband.. he went as.. ummm.. well, it started out as a character from the video game Stalker but any post apocalyptic video game character will work.

Of course I got in on his costume and said "OOOOO! We need lights!" So, he lit up at night. :thumbsup:

My husband works at the University of Tennessee for multiple Engineering departments. Each year they have a costume contest and meet at high noon on the bridge. This year the Civil Engineering department went as zombies with the department head playing Michael Jackson in Thriller. They (sorta) did the dance on the bridge and won the contest this year.

As for me, I stayed home with my fuzzy blanket, hot spiced cider, lit pumpkins and horror movies. Later I replaced the cider with pumpkin spice Kahlua. It was a good night. :P
Ah, Raven.... perhaps one of our most skilled makeup artists and pumpkin photographers, and yet your own worst critic. :P But that works to our benefit. If you're never quite satisfied, that means you'll keep experimenting, and we get to enjoy seeing all your impressive "attempts!"

Your Insidious "old lady" looks almost movie quality. Very cool, although I understand that makeup like that can be time consuming to apply, especially if you don't have the time or don't feel physically up to doing something super elaborate.

Blood bride works! While dark hair always works for Halloween, but it also makes sense to take advantage of your currently pink hair and work it into a costume. I once dyed my hair bright red, and went as a vampire that year. My thought was that I drank so much blood, my hair took on the color.

Shame that you had to stay in on Halloween, and then trick or treating got cut short due to weather. Ah, that happens sometimes. You still got some good photos of the costumes.

Hilarious to see kids dressed as Napoleon Dynamite characters (now a 10-year-old movie). I can totally recognize Jacob as the Doctor, although he looks like he's trying to interview people with his sonic screwdriver microphone.

And your hubby always has "dark" ideas with the odd components he finds. A different approach than your makeup styling, but brings a whole other element to the costuming. Together you make quite a team. I imagine your marriage agreement stated that you'd bring the nail polish, he'd provide the gas masks.

Raven, even though not everything went as planned, you got some great pics and seemed to make the best of it. That's the spirit. Cider and horror movies are just as much a part of Halloween as anything else. You're a true Halloweenie.

Also, welcome to a lifetime of Halloween fun, little Miles. Can't wait to see what you become next, after you're done cleaning up Gotham.