Chronicle your costume creation and share photos of your disguise.
The Hatter opened his eyes very wide and he said, "Why is a raven like a writing-desk?"

"I give it up," Alice replied. "What's the answer?"

"I haven't the slightest idea!" said the Hatter.

Alice sighed wearily. "I think you might do something better with the time," she said, "than wasting it in asking riddles that have no answers."

So this year my costume was the Mad Hatter. Not necessarily the book version, the Disney version, the video game version or any movie version. Just my own interpretation. A showy chap in a black and red color scheme.

The red coat with tails was quite a find, thanks to eBay. The top hat was easier to locate, but also from eBay. Vest was rented. Pants and shirt cleverly recycled from last year's Shaun of the Dead costume. Costume makeup and black gloves from the party store.

The key to making it Hatter-ish was the details. Like the pocket watch chain and the "In this style 10/6" tag on the hat. The ceramic teapot was custom painted black and red by a friend with a kiln, and I painted the cane to match. For a twisted touch, I skinned the Cheshire Cat and mounted his skull to my hat.
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Tkaraoke
Maybe we can call it, "The Very Mad Hatter"! LOL

I like how it takes elements of the character but then you put your own twisted spin on it. Very well done!

BTW: What is that pumpkin pattern that's next to the Cheshire Cat one?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thanks, T. :)
Tkaraoke wrote:What is that pumpkin pattern that's next to the Cheshire Cat one?

Well, you posted a reply to my carving photo thread, but you must not have read what I wrote. :P
By Tkaraoke
I kinda went "Back Assward" when reading the forum.

I was sitting there thinking to myself...

I know that's Ryan's style of patterns so I know it's a ZP...he wouldn't hold out on us! Would he?!?!

I was on the phone with Rocko and Vitto and was just getting ready to send them over there to have a "chat" with you when I read the message about how late the pattern came into existence. I caught them just in time so your fingers are safe for another year of pattern creating!
:D
By Dans banana Loafcake
Love the costume, you always seem to put as much twisted humour in your costumes as you do your stencils!

Dan
By mesmark
Excellent! as usual.

I love the attention to detail. The cane, the pot, the pocket watch chain, it's all excellent.

I think presenting your own take on it was an excellent idea. It's fun to be a character but a lot more so, if you get to be the character, the way you want.

I'm also always looking forward to Ryan's costumes.
By Raven
I have been waiting to see your costume Ryan! I already cant wait for next year for more great stencils and to see what you will be.