Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
By stormqueen29
I don't remember seeing this one:

Haunted House by Elvira.

This is my kids favorite halloween song after Monster Mash.

My personal weakness is Feed my Frankenstein by Rob Zombie. Never even knew who he was until I heard that song on a TV special and had to look it up on Limewire.

Gale
By cyberdman
Actually Feed My Frankenstein is an Alice Cooper song. Sorry.
By SaneInsideInsanity
rob zombie does a cover of it though
By cyberdman
No, he just appears as a featured guest vocalist on an Alice Cooper song.
By stormqueen29
well, I said I didn't know much about it. :oops:
I just know the song starts out with someone introducing a guy named Rob Zombie, so I figured he was the singer.

When I found it on Limewire it said it was done by him. All I know is I like the song.

Gale
By nosferatu
Will there be a mix for 2009?

I haave just made a playlist on my iPod.....a bit eclectic and includes some suggestions from here
By paddy_babe
I will be burning a scarying cd this year (my first year doing this). usually I just mix some hardcore or bassline tunes that are new with some other songs (voodoo child is a funny one).

I'll have to do Monster Mash, my stepdad always sang that to us :D

does anyone know where to get disney soundtracks (Nightmare Before Christmas).
Just mainly want 'Jacks Lament' and 'This Is Halloween'.

A weird song but I suppose it can be classed as 'halloweeny' is "Room Of Angel" by Akira Yamaoka. Its from the movie Silent Hill. (I only thought of it because I did a Drum & Base version of this song :p ) youtube it and let me know if its classed as scary :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I will be making a mix CD this year again. I already have a few songs in mind. Over the course of the year, I pick up tracks here and there, with cool Halloween and zombie themes. Now that I've already used up some of the more classic, well known Halloween songs, I'm enjoying the process of digging up more unique songs.

I'm also setting aside songs that fit the theme of the new patterns for this year. Since I give these CDs as party favors to my guests, I hope that appreciate the exposure to some fun spooky songs they may never have found on their own. I'll post a track list when I'm finished putting together my list.

paddy_babe, is it difficult to find soundtrack albums like Nightmare Before Christmas where you are? These days I usually buy songs from iTunes or the mp3 selection at Amazon.com.
By paddy_babe
zombiepumpkins wrote:paddy_babe, is it difficult to find soundtrack albums like Nightmare Before Christmas where you are? These days I usually buy songs from iTunes or the mp3 selection at Amazon.com.
Nope I was just being blonde! completely forgot about iTunes (am using bf's laptop and he doesnt have iTunes on here) will check out the iTunes Store later, thanks Ryan :lol:

Did you check out the Room of Angel song? I dont know whats classed as 'halloweeny' (apart from thriller, the exorcist theme, monster mash etc) lol!
By GUS
Good drief I just checked my first burnt audio cd ..1995?? some 14 yrs ago! :shock: :shock: :shock:
It was a very expensive bit of kit then!

At the same time was looking at my 1983 /84 ORIGINAL phillips DAD series, from a time when I owned pretty much the first printed cd's ..wow, still got em I reckon, Jarre china concerts seems to ring a bell, as does unforgettable fire, I had to get it through Phillips HQ in Cambridge...
makes you think how well the format is doing!
..makes me feel old, I used to repair the old 7000 series until a few years ago to old Audiophile die-hards.
(Was looking out an old Cocteau's album for Halloweeny muzak)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
paddy_babe wrote:Did you check out the Room of Angel song? I dont know whats classed as 'halloweeny' (apart from thriller, the exorcist theme, monster mash etc) lol!
Listening to it right now. Thank for the song recommendation. Maybe it's not directly Halloween related, but certainly nice and "atmospheric"... as I imagine most Silent Hill soundtrack stuff would be. I should look for more. Thanks for the recommendation.
By CombichristGirl
i got all of midnight syndicates cd's so i will be burning a trick or treat mix from that for my display this year myself.
im diggin all the suggestionsprevious years i have just played like type o and metallica and rob/white zombie stuff like that.
sheenas in a goth gang is cool song at least imo lol
By vibhandaka
Here's a couple of more songs for your mixes:

I Walked With A Zombie- Roky Erickson
Midnight Monsters Hop- Jack and Jim
Pet Semetary- Ramones
Killer Klowns- The Dickies
Graveyard Rock- Tarantula Ghoul & The Gravediggers
Anything Can Happen on Halloween- Tim Curry
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Good picks vibhandaka. I have most of those tracks, maybe they'll make it onto a future mix.
By Ajax
theres a will smith one from way back about freddy kruger