Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
Yes it has finally happened. The makers of Now have a Halloween album.

Track Listing and a little review by me:

1. Halloween Theme by John Carpenter: An obvious classic of Halloween, and should be on this album. However there were words at the end of the music. :? I'm not sure if that's in the movie(s), but it's still all good.

2. Dragula by Rob Zombie: Yet another good choice. It is probably one of the most popular R.Z. songs.

3. O Fortuna by Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra and Chorus: If you like satanic sounding churchish music this is for you.

4. Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield: As with the Halloween Theme this one is also a good contender.

5. (Don't Fear) The Reaper by Blue Öyster Cult: Some might debate on whether this could be Halloween or not (but wait there will be some that are "Worse").

6. Devil Inside by INXS: I think this one is one of those were they were like, "They say devil in this song. That's Halloween right?"

7. Bad Things by Jace Everett: This is the theme from True Blood. In my opinion it's okay, however I don't know if it's Halloween. Yes I know it's a theme for a show about vampires.

8. Werewolves Of London by Warren Zevon: It's a song about a Werewolf. Yes this one belongs for sure.

9. Ghost Town by The Specials: This one follows the same things as Devil Inside.

10. Dead Man's Party by Oingo Boingo: I'm personally glad to see a Oingo Boingo song on here.

11. Monster Mash by Bobby "Borris" Pickett and The Crypt-Kickers: I know why this is on here, however why does it have to be on every Halloween c.d.?

12. This Is Halloween by The Citizens Of Halloween: Yes! The opening song for The Nightmare Before Christmas is awesome, and should be on here.

13. Season Of The Witch by Donovan: Kind of a weird song, but I think it's an okay contender.

14. I Put A Spell On You by Nina Simone: I'm going to put this on record. I hate this cover! :( Screamin' Jay Hawkins is probably rolling over in his grave.

15. Beetlejuice: Main/End Title by Danny Elfman: Same as 1 and 4. A very good Halloween instrumental track.

16. Ghostbusters by Run-D.M.C.: Ray Parker Junior did an awesome job, but maybe Run-D.M.C. did it a bit better. This is a good alternative for Ray's

17. A Nightmare On My Street by D.J. Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince: This is a great song for this album.

18. Somebody's Watching Me by Rockwell: I believe (and this is my personal opinion) that this song is one of those you can really question.

Now for how would pagemaster1993 make it better:

Put Thriller by Michael Jackson and Superstition by Stevie Wonder in place of Somebody's Watching Me and Devil Inside. Then change Nina Simone with Screamin' Jay Hawkins! Then maybe find a good cover for the Monster Mash; maybe the Misfits version.

Other than that it's a good c.d. I'm not a fan of Now, but their Christmas and Halloween is fine by me.
pagemaster1993 wrote:14. I Put A Spell On You by Nina Simone: I'm going to put this on record. I hate this cover! :( Screamin' Jay Hawkins is probably rolling over in his grave.

Put Thriller by Michael Jackson and Superstition by Stevie Wonder in place of Somebody's Watching Me and Devil Inside. Then change Nina Simone with Screamin' Jay Hawkins! Then maybe find a good cover for the Monster Mash; maybe the Misfits version.
Couldn't agree more about "I Put a Spell On You"... Other than the original, I'm partial to the CCR version that John Fogerty sang. Nina Simone should be publicly flogged for her attempt. :x

I'm probably thinking that there were issues with licensing and royalties for "Thriller", otherwise yeah, it SHOULD have been on here. Next to the "Monster Mash" it's arguably the most recognizable song that's associated with Halloween.

Now as for the Misfits, LOL... Well we had this discussion not to long ago, but I do agree that the orginal "Monster Mash" gets a bit bland after so many plays, so I could definitely accept The Misfits version... HOWEVER, I have to play 'Devil's advocate" here and say I think the Misfits song "Halloween" would be a better fit if we were making a consideration from The Misfits catalog, in general. I also think "Dig Up Her Bones" has a groovy feel, and might fit well into a Halloween themed album... Heck, lets just make a Misfits "best of" album, and we can call that "NOW that's what i call Halloween" :lol:
Its funny you want thriller on there but not monster mash. I think those are the two most popular songs for Halloween. I like them both but its nice to find new songs to add into a Halloween playlist. Have to disagree on the Run DMC ghostbusters song though. I listened to it and feel its not as good as the original. Most of the other songs on there are good, a few I might put on my party playlist.
OMG, I totally forgot about Type-O-Negative's "All Hallows Eve"!!!

We totally need a "What's your personal Halloween album track lists" thread!!! I think mine would have to be a double cd, LOL
A few notables of mine are:

Wake The Dead - The Used
Zombie Dance - Escape the Fate
Dance With The Devil - The Confession (A bit vulgar, but a rad track).
Grim Grinning Ghosts
Night Crawler - Judas Priest
Twilight Zone Theme
Alien Main theme - from the OST
Halloween Main theme - Halloween (1978)
Bark At The Moon - Ozzy Osbourne
This is Halloween - Danny Elfman

Again. Just a few :D