Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Just finished the VERY rough carve of The Ghastly Ghoul tonight. Still have finishing touches to do, but I was really excited to get this up and add to the collection for this year with everyone else so far, so I didn't wait until I was totally done. Been wanting to do this carve for a while, and I finally found the perfect size Funkin for him.
Last edited by chuckwagon on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice! It's cool to see The Ghastly Ghoul getting some attention. And you're right about that Funkin. I saw that one in the store, so I know the shape. It's a great fit for the ghoul, with his tall and slightly tilted hat.
By SuperSonic
Chuckwagon, do you find the thickness to be a bit much on Funkins? I found that on my carving on Eye of the Beholder, the thickness ruined some of the detailed bits of the pattern. Other than that I was satisfied with mine. I like the Gemmys more in that one aspect alone.

All that aside, I love the carve!
By chuckwagon
SuperSonic wrote:Chuckwagon, do you find the thickness to be a bit much on Funkins? I found that on my carving on Eye of the Beholder, the thickness ruined some of the detailed bits of the pattern. Other than that I was satisfied with mine. I like the gemmies more in that one aspect alone.
Sonic, I was actually pleased with this particular Funkin which was kinda surprising. In the past, I would have said that the thickness was a bit to much, but this one seemed okay IMO. However, I do like the Michael's gemmies better for that reason alone cause the consistency is better and they are thin enough to show off the pattern really well, but still thick enough to give strength and support. Plus the lighter shade inside the gemmies helps the patterns really glow on the gemmies, and the Funkins seem so dark. I would say more realistic, but it seems darker than a real 'kin. Maybe this smaller Funkin that I put this pattern on is just because of the size. I do have one of the much bigger Funkins to carve as well, so I'll have to give a report when I'm finished with it.. I also have one of the really small Funkins, so it will be a good all around comparison when I start getting into those.
Without a doubt, this was the most painstakingly brutal carve I've done in a while! My wrist honestly hurts from holding the Dremel on and off for so long. I still have some touch ups to do, and I'm not 100% pleased with how the pins turned out because I didn't have a carving bit thin enough like I really wanted, but I am still satisfied with the outcome. What do you guys think?
By pagemaster1993
Mad props to you Chuck. All I have to do is look at the pattern and know that it would be one pain in the butt to carve, and on top of that you carved it on a foamie (good move by the way. Now you won't have to carve it ever again. :D )