Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
Hey guys!

I was going to post this in my birthday thread but I thought I'd create a new one for this news...

About an hour ago I was contacted via e-mail by one of the co-hosts of a local morning show here in KC and wanted to know if I would come on and show off some carvings and give out some pumpkin advice. Ok, to be 100% honest...I'm flipping my lid right now! I'm half way to FREAK OUT CITY...

This was just so cool I had to share it with you all.
By CombichristGirl
wow good luck! totaly post a link of it, if they put it on the web? dont forget to slip in some zp publisity lol hint hint wink wink lol. its not even my site but still i tell everyone about it :)im terrible he he
By Batgirl
That's fantastic!! You'll have to post a link of the segment up for all of us to see! When do they want you on?

Make the Patch proud! :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Congrats, Tkaraoke! Make us proud. And if you need help deciding what to wear during your appearance... well, I'll just express ship that ZP t-shirt you just ordered. :lol:

Do you know when this appearance will be? Be sure to let us know. Those local to you will want to tune in, and if they put it on the web, I'm sure you'll post the link.
By Tkaraoke
zombiepumpkins wrote:Congrats, Tkaraoke! Make us proud. And if you need help deciding what to wear during your appearance... well, I'll just express ship that ZP t-shirt you just ordered. :lol:
ROFLMAO!!!!

I emailed her back but she hasn't responded but I'm sure it won't be for a couple of weeks anyways. I'm trying not to get too excited about it but it sounds like a cool deal. Not exactly sure how many people will see it since the morning show does run from 7:30am to 9am (I believe) but I'm going to make sure to see if I can through out some plugs for ZP, JP, PW, and St0neykins. Damn St0ney ruined the whole two letter abbreviation string! LOL
By Kittie
How cool!!! That is super exciting!!
By The Captain
Thats so awesome!

"I'm half way to FREAK OUT CITY... " that had me cracking up, but I would be too. I hope they post the vid online so we can check it out. Just don't wear bright or you might blend into the weather map. Good Luck Tkaraoke
By Tkaraoke
I just got a email back from the co-host and she said that they will plan on having come down to the studio sometime during the third week of October. Right now I'm trying to organize a 10 minute "routine" since I figure I'd be lucky enough to get that much time.
By The Captain
Remember the secret to cooking and crafts on TV (which pumpkin carving is neither of, but is sort of similar to both, and oh yeah I have never been on TV, but anyway) is prep. Get alot of your work done off camera so you don't have to rush or make mistakes on camera. Awesome! Can't wait to hear how it goes.
By Tkaraoke
First off, I want to let everybody know that I really appreciate your encouragement about this subject. This is very exciting for me even though I feel that there are people out there who are much more talented than myself. Also, I want to make it clear that I'm not trying to come across as arrogant about this subject. Much like in the karaoke world, I know I'm not the best singer and I know I am not the best carver out there but one thing is that I do try my best.

I wanted to share this update about this subject because it's kind of cool. I got another email today from the co-host of the local morning show and she thinks she wants me there for a full hour. What I'm hoping to do is grab one of the people/hosts and have them actually carve a pumpkin. I'm thinking about gutting and transferring the patten on the pumpkin so all they have to do is carve. I'm going to start looking for cut through patterns that are simple, quick, but most of all impressive. If you guys have any suggestions on that front I'm all ears.

Once again, thanks for all of the support! 8)
By GUS
I think it's got to be a simple oogie boogie 2, only a couple of small cuts, large rounded cut out..... sailing

impressive end result in a time constricted slot!? cut the eyes out before hand though!

..practice pumpkins maybe?
By Tkaraoke
Great minds must think alike! I was thinking about Boogie as well as Ghost face from the Scream movies. I still haven't gone though my pattern book and made any decisions yet. I've got plenty of time right now but it never hurts to be prepared! :D
By Euri
How exciting for you!! Yes, DO post the link when it's up. :D

I echo the idea of oogie boogie- nice and clean. You can always have a more advanced ZP finished to show off the end result.
By GUS
I've had kids as young as 8 carving "oogie boogie 2" last year, so for an experienced quick carve with a large area removal I reckon you'd be fine.

Perhaps take a pumpkin gutter & get em to pre-record a segment & play it in order to big it up, simplicity of use, brag how you know someone who whacked through X amount in an evening to fill your time & take the heat off your actual carving.

I reckon high speed lid removal & gutting could be quite tv funny!
...dad can play power tool hero, mum can bake off the debris, kids can carve,.... fun for all the family!