Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By pumpkinfairy
Words cannot describe how much I loved the Gollum pumpkin! I carved it this year and it turned out really well! One of my favorites!

I'd love to see more Lord of the Rings characters on this site.
In particular, I think it would be great to have:

Aragorn
Gandalf
Arwen
the Balrog
Nazgul
Sauron/Eye of Sauron
Frodo and the Ring
By purple1worm
the balrog, nazgul and the eye of sauron would be cool!
By xplodvelt74
I shall make the patterns as well, because I am a great fan of Lotr. But maybe next year.
By cutiejd4
I wanted to bring this thread back in because I would love a pattern of Gandalf or Frodo Baggins! I already love the Gollum pattern.

Even a pattern of Mordor would be pretty awesome!
Image[/img]
By monstermash
How about a pattern of the Mouth Of Sauron!

He could have this cheesy grin:

Or, maybe this sexy grin...

I think he just wants somebody to love.
By Tkaraoke
I have a girl who comes to my karaoke shows named Arwin. She said her parents were big fans of the series and of the "wacky tobacky" way back then! LOL
By staticfurball
I think Sauron would make a great carve! I first read the books when I was 12 and have gone over them many times since. The eye of Sauron would look good too.
Hi, I am a diehard fan of LOTR/Hobbit, and I tried your Gollum pattern last year and LOVED it!. I think adding a Gandalf, Frodo, Bilbo, Elrond, Smaug, Arwen, Aragorn, Witch King of Angmar, Eowyn, anything of the sort, would be great! Especially Gandalf, Frodo, and the Witch King! Thanks for reading my topic! :D
Some of my first pumpkin patterns for Zombie Pumpkins came from LotR. Orc in 2002 and Gollum in 2003. I had always wanted to make more. But after that movie series ran its course in theaters, my pattern-making attention went elsewhere.

But we'll now have 3 more years with the Middle Earth dwellers back in the limelight, thanks to the Hobbit trilogy on the horizon. The fantasy imagery is ripe subject matter. I've always thought Gandalf was a great candidate. Especially in his "grey" form which we'll see in The Hobbit. Such a classic old wizard.

The trailer has teased the appearance of Gollum, and it will be great to see that old precious again. While it's not that often I revisit the same character when making patterns, I always thought it would be cool to do a sympathetic Gollum face, like when he's speaking with his Smeagol persona.

And I'm always hearing requests for more dragon designs. Smaug might be the means to that end. So far we've seen young Bilbo, the dwarves, and the likes of Gollum and Gandalf. But it seems that the visual look of Smaug is being kept under wraps for now, right? I think I would have seen pictures, had that been revealed.